Improving Manufacturing Operations with Cimlogic’s OEE solution
High levels of downtime and WIP (Work In Progress), low capacity utilisation and high labour costs can all have an impact on business profitability and performance.
Cimlogic’s OEE solution, built on the industry-leading MES TrakSYS™ platform, can be utilised to
- Identify downtime reasons and their root causes
- Non-intrusively involve operators in productivity improvements
- Measure actual versus specified equipment performance
- Focus on the reduction of production losses (time, speed, quality),
- Better understand the cause of equipment failure and improve preventive maintenance,
- Compare performance across multiple lines and products and prioritise the improvement opportunities based on impact.
The ability to measure real-time plant productivity through accurate data collection enables full visibility of operations, leading to business decision-making driven by facts, not assumptions.
Easy to use, off-the-shelf Cimlogic OEE performance management solution:
- Streamlined project lifecycle following Cimlogic’s RAISE™ methodology
- Rapid set-up and deployment using Cimlogic configuration templates
- Can be deployed for one or multiple production areas and easily extended
- Web-based interface requires no client installation (remote deployment)
- Allows operators to categorise and annotate production stoppages
- Powerful web-based reporting, real-time and historical
- KPI calculation and reporting including OEE (Availability, Performance, Quality), Time analysis, Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Downtime
- Comparison reports for downtime and KPIs by lines and products
- Option to add TrakSYS™ modules in future
“The integrated OEE system will provide consistently accurate machine loss information, which saves time for operators (replacing manual entry) and allows engineers to quickly evaluate improvements due to data accuracy.”
Bernard Longmore – VP Engineering, WaterWipes
OEE for the Operations Director
Measure and improve plant productivity; reduce costs, and production time, and improve quality control.
Powerful web-based reporting, real-time and historical. Compare reports for downtime and KPIs by lines and products, improving operational efficiency.
OEE for the Finance Director
OEE enables optimisation of lines, improving return on assets and the utilisation of resources.
Identify cost savings and analyse waste. Powerful web-based reporting, real-time and historical, for accurate KPI tracking. Compare reports for downtime and KPIs by lines and products.
OEE for the Data Analyst
OEE provides business intelligence at your fingertips: with key performance data from equipment and processes. It calculates and reports production KPIs, including OEE (Availability, Performance, Quality); time analysis (production rate and cycle time); MTBF and downtime. Comparison reports are available by lines and products.
“CooperVision’s new OEE system will provide an essential indicator for operations. It will integrate with the production plan to identify if we are ahead or behind schedule and show where we have issues that are causing downtime. The data generated will drive action and make the right diagnosis to provide real root causes and long-term fixes.”
Matthew Bridge – Production Manager, CooperVision
Its key measurable components are Availability, Performance and Quality, measuring downtime, speed and defect losses respectively.
The real time data captured from an Automated OEE system such as production downtime, short stops and speed losses can provide real visibility into the effectiveness of plant machinery and processes needed to make measurable production improvements.
Cimlogic, experts in digital manufacturing solutions and services, have been committed to the Parsec partner program for over 10 years, and are the sole UK Gold Tier integrator of TrakSYS™, designed and developed by Parsec Automation Corp. Parsec were recently recognised as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for MES 2021.
What business goals can OEE help achieve?
10 manufacturing KPIs to track and what they mean to your business
Read this top ten list to find out which KPIs are relevant to your production process to drive strategic and data-driven decision-making.Find out more
Employee Spotlight: let’s talk Digital
Paulo Nobre discusses what he enjoys most about his role in Digital at Cimlogic in this latest Employee Spotlight.Find out more
Connecting Manufacturers with Artificial Intelligence
Steve Wilkinson, Chief Technical Officer, Cimlogic, discusses ‘What can Artificial Intelligence do for Manufacturers?’Find out more