Are capacity constraints hindering output?
What impact do they have on customer relations?
Need to increase capacity to meet customer demands?
Do you have real-time visibility of capacity to schedule production effectively and understand the capacity required to make more product with the same resources?
Many companies routinely hit capacity constraints and immediately consider adding overtime for existing workers, hiring new staff for a new shift, or buying a new production line. Manufacturers often overlook the benefits of optimising the efficiency of existing equipment and production lines. To meet customer demands and stay competitive an organisation’s ability to improve capacity utilisation, whilst reducing operating costs, has never been more important.
Cimlogic help manufacturers uncover their true capacity to fulfil production output, improve customer relations and reduce cost per unit by:
- Reducing process variability
- Reducing changeover times
- Improving operator performance
- Reducing overtime expenditures
- Improving the bottom line of production operations
Do you have the systems and processes in place to answer these questions accurately and explore capacity challenges further?
- What’s my cost per unit (labour included) and how long does it take to make a product?
- How do I get more output from the same amount of labour?
- I want to expand our products – do we have the capacity to do it?
- Are we investing in the best areas of capacity improvement?
- What is the cost of losing a customer due to poor lead-times and unfulfilled orders?
- How can I collect the right data and insight to make accurate supply and demand forecasting decisions?
- I want better visibility of processes such as inventory planning, production scheduling, sourcing and capacity planning to enable improved integration across the supply chain – how do I do it?
Manufacturers who have the insight to answer these questions will be able to maximise output and overcome capacity constraints whilst improving the integration of other key processes across the whole supply chain.
Capacity Utilisation Insight
Read our capacity constraints series of blogs and articles below:
Blog: Capacity Management in Manufacturing.
Read this blog as we explore the common internal bottlenecks which affect manufacturing capacity and what steps can be taken to understand the true causes of capacity constraints, whilst overcoming them for improved efficiency.Read more
How does Cimlogic help you to achieve this goal?
Explore more business goals:
Making Sustainable Manufacturing Work For You
Read this blog as we discuss sustainable manufacturing in heavily regulated industries such as Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, and the increasing use of digital technologies to meet sustainability and corporate social responsibility goals.Find out more
Sustainable Manufacturing – more than just a buzzword
Read this blog as we discuss what different steps and initiatives can be taken to achieve sustainable manufacturing goals.Find out more
How can Machine Learning solve your quality challenges?
Steve Wilkinson, Chief Technical Officer at Cimlogic shares batch process improvements discovered during a recent client project in this latest blogFind out more
You may be interested in
Article: 20 Years of OEE 20 Lessons Learned
Are you embarking on an OEE journey, but not sure where to start? Download the ’20 years of OEE, 20 Lessons learned’ guide for expert advice on what makes a successful OEE project, and how…Find out more
Article: The 10 Myths of OEE DebunkedFind out more
Download the TrakSYS™ brochure to learn more about the capabilities of the TrakSYS™ MES platform and how it can help your organisation embrace digital manufacturing.Find out more