Cyber-security and Cimlogic
Following the Cyber-attack that came to light on 12th May 2017, and has caused disruption to many organisations globally and particularly to the NHS hospitals, pharmacies and GP surgeries in the UK, Cimlogic would like to reassure its customers and partners.
All of the standards, procedures and processes that Cimlogic follow are regularly updated and monitored to ensure that they mitigate against these kinds of attack. Some of our industry standard procedures are listed below:
- The patch which addressed this particular vulnerability was actually released on March 14th 2017. Cimlogic ensure that all machines are instructed to install patches released by Microsoft in a timely fashion and have status visibility of these installs.
- The externally facing Firewall has automatically up-to-date definitions, when new exploits are discovered. Our policies are configured according to industry best practice in co-ordination with an approved and certified security consultancy firm. These practices are then audited every three months.
- Cimlogic also ensure that all operations use up-to-date Operating Systems which are less vulnerable to this kind of attack. Our standard for Operating Systems is Windows 10 and our standard for Servers is 2012 R2.
- The key Servers are updated weekly, and laptops are updated automatically. Any which have encountered issues whilst updating, report back automatically and are addressed in a targeted manner.
- All of the machines Anti-virus is updated regularly, the Anti-virus also provides network level protection and allows central modifications and restricts local Firewall configurations.
- The Firewall uses globally updated lists of websites which are automatically blocked when they are found to be compromised.
The National Cyber Security Centre have advised that Ransomware attacks are “some of the most immediately damaging forms of cyber-attack”, and have advised companies to:
- Keep your organisation’s security software patches up to date
- Use proper anti-virus software services
- Back up the data that matters to you, because you can’t be held to ransom for data you hold somewhere else
Should you have any queries, concerns or require any advice, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can call us on 01274 599955, or email us at: email@example.com